Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Crows or Raven....

 There are those who would crow, or not depending on their character. Such was a former president I admire greatly - "I have no desire to crow over anybody or to see anybody eating crow, figuratively or otherwise. We should all get together and make a country in which everybody can eat turkey whenever he pleases. "
Harry S. Truman


Here's a quote that gives one pause to think - "Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads."
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
In Alaska the "crows" were actually ravens, birds large enough to haul away a cat or small dog. They rivaled the eagles in size and noise.When I hear a " Caw Caw" today I still expect to see these giant shiny black birds, but most often see a much smaller version. 
Regardless, crows and ravens are the subject of many an artist's muse.  I've tried my hand at them as well, and would like to explore this topic more. I have prints available at Mother's Dream Artworks of these three versions. Have you used crows or ravens in your art?

No comments: