Friday, September 16, 2011

Two down, one to go....

 I just love it when a plan comes together! I had visions of fruit coming out of the tall Santa basket base last year, but just couldn't decide whether I wanted to paint, sculpt or add the fruit to this piece. I do love the vintage and antique fruits available at Blumchens so I dove right in and he came out just as I'd hoped! I do wish I could get a better photo of him as mine just don't do him justice, but here's a peek at him anyway.
 A simple and slightly rustic Santa is what I was going for here, and it looks as if that's what I got. I hand painted greenery and cones around his hat, and again, the photos just don't quite do him justice, but it is what it is.
 Don't you just love the long loopy hat on this jolly fella?
This little guy is a small but charming Santa that would go well with any collection. Now to decide where they will end up....

1 comment:

LLA Creations Art Dolls said...

Great Santa and love the faces!
HO ho HO