Saturday, January 22, 2011

Tonight's movie special wips.....

Sometimes I start a project, just to see if I can do it, and then it sits there unfinished like a story waiting to be written. Such is the case with the doll you see to the left. I created the head about 3 years ago, when I first started sculpting. I antiqued and crackled him to give him that aged look, and there he sat, no body, no limbs, no clothes....months went by and I would look at him and try to envision him with a Little Lord Fauntleroy style suit, or perhaps a little boy in bibs, and I just couldn't quite get inspired. He has a somewhat forlorn look to him, and although I know I had something in mind when I first started on him, apparently it didn't quite make the grade because I can't even remember what I had planned originally. Valentines Day has really inspired me this year, so much so that I can see this little man pining away for his lost love perhaps..... the rest of the story will be shared when he is finished....

So I had so much fun watching Ever After last night and working on my little fool that I decided to continue with him and an ornament while watching another movie tonight. What to watch is the dilemma hmmmmmm... Shadowlands? Maybe, but then there's The Other Side of Heaven, or perhaps The Shop Around the Corner, or maybe Silas Marner.... any way I go I can't lose....hope you're having a great weekend....taa taa!

No comments: