Monday, April 12, 2010

WIP More Santa figures

I know it seems that I'm stuck in Santa mode way too early, but this year I want to get a jump on things. I have 2 galleries, Reasons to Believe and Missy's Uptown Art in Oregon that want a few of these so I'm trying to be better about having inventory when I need it. I really love creating Santas anyway and these take several steps before they are finished. I can take my gourds and supplies with me easily and when the babies go down for nap time I can get some work done. Today I added eyebrows and the tree as well as one mitten to the large Santa. I will add the other mitten when this step has dried. The ornament Santa gained his tall curly hat. When that is dry I will add another thin layer to give it strength, plus the rest of his hat. Then I will make sure all is smooth and ready to paint. I gesso before I paint.
I'm off to get some planting done while the sun is still out, and then I will head to my studio for some painting before hubby gets home. Have a great night!

3 comments:

Dianie said...

Hi Sheryl,

Your Santa's are always a treat for the eyes, Love them!

~Diane

Sheryl Parsons said...

Hey lady! Long time no see! I must go see what you've been up to. Thanks for the sweet words!

Debby said...

These are very kewl, can understand why you are stuck there.
debby