Friday, March 12, 2010

WIP Alice in Wonderland White Rabbit

 
Don't know what is happening with blogger but I will try and post here. I've been working on a white rabbit figure for our AHA Alice In Wonderland Challenge. It took me longer than I wanted because I was torn between making a cloth body for him or just moving ahead with my idea of using a vintage spool as the base. Here's what I gathered together to put this together. I started with a pink layer after gessoing the whole head. Scary huh?!

Then I dry brushed shades of buttermilk and white. I touched up the strokes with some maple syrup to give him some depth. I continued on with layering colors until he was the way I wanted him to be. Blogger is really not cooperating right now so I'm moving on rather waste time. Below you find the finished head. I will unveil more later today. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Michelle Palmer said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love...love...love it!
Hope your weekend is perfect~

Sheryl Parsons said...

Thanks Melissa! Coming from such a talented artist I take that as a true compliment! Love your work, you have a great weekend as well!

Sheryl Parsons said...

Hi Christine! I know, it's hard to check out everyone's blogs some days. I am finding so many talented artists here. Painting is a trial and error thing I find. I am a subscriber to Paintworks magazine,which is full of great painting tips. Here's the link:
http://www.paintworksmag.com/
Thank you for your kind words!