Monday, October 13, 2008

Taking a break from sculpting....


Sometimes we need to shake things up a bit, and I don't want to lose my painting rhythm, so I took a break last week to do this painting for a competition. It is based on the Book of Mormon scripture Alma 12:15 and is symbolic of the opportunity the Savior gave us to repent and be with him and Heavenly Father some day through his Atonement. This is a 36" by 24" inch acrylic painting, the largest I've ever attempted. I hope it gives you something to think about and look forward to.

2 comments:

Melissa Valeriote said...

There is just no end to your talents. What a BEAUTIFUL painting! And THANK YOU for the Alice plug. You are too kind! {{HUGS}}

Sheryl Parsons said...

Thanks for the wonderful compliment Melissa. I guess I didn't process it correctly before. It means so much coming from you!