Tuesday, April 5, 2011

To Antique...or not...that is the question among others

 I have become so addicted to these textural abstracts! Fun and challenging, as I try out different color combos, they give me a freedom to explore color in a way I've never done before.
I've also re-visited the whole color purple and shades of thing in regards to photos. This is a bit off in color, but as close as I could come. My husband says the painting on the top is done, and ignored both inquiries to this one, so I'm thinking he's not fond of it, or it was just coincidental....lol. I was going for a spring like feel with shades of peach and violet, but am not sure yet if I've done what I could. I threw in green to give contrast.  I'm trying to decide if I'm done layering color on both pieces, and if either one should have a final antiquing to bring out the texture more. What do you think?

No comments: