Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hippie Art?

A little music to go with this post...hopefully....
 The other day as I was showing my husband these newest creations he asked when I decided to create hippie art... huh? I asked him what he meant and he said he thought the colors, so bright and the patterns reminded him of California and hippie art. Well duh! Lol... I am a Cali girl born in Salinas... and yes I spent a bit of time on Telegraph Avenue in Berkeley right after the riots....
 ....so I guess it comes naturally? Funny he would see it that way, but I am having fun, and hippie or not, it's a nice change of pace for me. The wood scoop at the top is about 16 inches tall and will hang or sit. The pink and orange and lime green still needs it's backing and frame. I did do the antiquing and some touch ups with color. I wish I had taken photos during the day as I just don't have good lighting in our tiny cave. Hopefully you get the idea.
This one is ready to hang, and again, I will have to try and get some daylight photos as these just don't show the true colors. I antiqued this one as well, and am pleased with the over all result. I can see some fun possibilities with this medium.
What are you working on that's different or new for you?

2 comments:

Hanni said...

These are just wonderful!

Sheryl Parsons said...

Thank you Hanni! What have you been working on lately?