Monday, July 19, 2010

Had to Paint Today

There are days when I just need to paint. I can't think of anything else to do but paint and so that's what I did. After mowing the lawn and shoveling gravel I pulled out the canvases and then some ideas that I'd saved. The lighting in my home isn't the best for photography so I took two. The bottom photo best reflects the true colors although the background in the top is my true to the painting.  Have you ever noticed that purple doesn't seem to photograph very well? At least that's been my experience. I started with a cowboy and hat, then went to an Indian chief, but neither was working for the size of the canvas I was using so I did this one instead. A stab at abstract, which is fun to do on occasion. I love bright and bold so here it is!

2 comments:

Melissa Valeriote said...

Hi Sheryl! Good to hear from you. I really need to make time to get around more often and keep in touch. I know what you mean when you say there are days when you just need to paint. It's been too long since I've had the opportunity to sit in my studio and play... and boy do I need to. Your new painting with the strong vibrant colors is like a breath of summer air.

Sheryl Parsons said...

Hey Melissa! So good to see you as well! I love your little whimsical creations! I can't wait to get my little JOL guy out again. :-)