Thursday, February 4, 2016

WIP Trying to Learn Oil Painting

A challenge for me, I've been trying to learn the ins and outs of oil painting. Oh boy, I'm not sure I like the paints, the fumes, and the mess. I'm determined to sort that all out though, as I have friends who want to learn how to oil paint, and they already had their supplies. This is what I have going with this painting so far, and yes I'm using an instructional book to do this. There's a lot to do with this, but here's where I'm at so far. I can see I need to fatten the tops of the reflected trees in the pond, but so far it's not too bad. There's the tree leaves to fill out, the ground and foreground to complete, and then the water to add the finishing touches to. I'm also working on an oil painting from a photograph, and I can see I really need to fix the mountains in the background. I will share that later.
I hope you have a blessed day. Go and be creative today!

2 comments:

Charmed Confections said...

Just beautiful, Sheryl! Your talent has no bounds and I am excited to see where it takes you. Love, love, love your painting! xoxo LeeAnn

Sheryl Parsons said...

Awwww thanks LeeAnn! I think you are an amazingly talented lady as well! Anyone who stops by should go check out LeeAnn's work. Love ya lady!