Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Queen of Hearts


The Queen of Hearts she made some tarts all on a summer's day;
The Knave of Hearts he stole the tarts and took them clean away.
The King of Hearts called for the tarts and beat the Knave full sore
The Knave of Hearts brought back the tarts and
vowed he'd steal no more.


A nursery rhyme that we would read as youngsters, found in a book on nursery rhymes and tales from "The Bookshelf For Boys and Girls" set of children's books.  I loved those books so much I got a set for my children, and now have a set for my grandchildren. 
The doll you see above has a rather well traveled history. She was originally meant to be a flower head doll that I started last year. Between the big moves, and hauling unfinished projects from Wendover to Tooele, then Oregon and back, she managed to survive, only to become a Queen of Hearts. She was probably meant to be just that, so she had to wait until I could get my muse on and get her done. You can find her on ebay right now at  Mother's Dream Artworks


No comments: