Friday, May 4, 2012

I'm still around, and here's a painting to prove it!

I was beginning to wonder if my blog would still be here when I checked in again. It's been a long process trying to recover from my physical fall apart, and I'm still on the mend, but thanks to modern medicine and prayer, I'm getting there. Silly me, I found out that I need to pray for myself as well. :-)
Anyhew, back a while ago I started this mixed media painting on a canvas board. I have only been able to work on painting when I'm at the apartment so this has been waiting for the final touches. We are in the middle of a dual move, some stuff going north, some stuff going east, but with me down it has been necessary for me to stay in town to see the doctors and go to PT twice a week. Our move deadline is looming so here I am, trying to pack and not throw my back out again. It takes some thought to get things sorted and organized, which I'm not right now so I'm glad you can't see the place, it's pure pandemonium. Trying to paint in chaos is not a strong point of mine, but I'm learning to change my way of doing things to live in the moment so to speak.
What does all that have to do with the actual finished piece, probably not much....lol. I used acrylics and stamps and various other items to create texture and design. It was rather freeing to play around with the different colors I had chosen for this. Have you tried a new technique or style lately for the fun of it?

2 comments:

Flora said...

Susan,
I didn't know that you had had something happen to you, are you ok?!!!! Please email me and let me know what happened,but only if you want to, I'm so sorry for not checking in on you, prayers and blessings to you for a speedy recovery !!1
Blessings,Flora

Sheryl Parsons said...

Hi Flora, Thank you for stopping by and checking on me! I'm getting better, my back is doing well and my foot is fine as long as I don't walk too much. Thank goodness for bicycles. Hope this finds you well. :-)