Friday, November 13, 2009

To antique or not to antique, that is the question...


I often wonder as I get to the finish of projects whether I should antique or not. What are your feelings about this? Do you feel it adds or can it detract from a piece. The head with no hair is destined to be a make do Santa on a vintage milk glass lamp base. I've been waiting to use the base for a long time, and have wanted to create a Santa doll as well. This is a start. So what do you think, should I or shouldn't I antique? I would love your opinion!

3 comments:

EvScott said...

I love antiquing:) Love the look, love doing it - it's my favourite step of a process. Personally I find it gives things depth & more character. Those pieces already have wonderful shading though Sheryl... are they already antiqued?

Sheryl Parsons said...

Actually no they haven't been antiqued yet. I am experimenting with painting techniques so that is why I asked. You have such a talented eye for what works I may just try him as he is. Thanks!

anotherlinda said...

Hi Sheryl! I love the curly white beard! I love him just the way he is without antiquing...and especially since the beard is so white. I can't wait to see the finished product and I think using the base as you plan is a fantastic idea!