Thursday, June 11, 2009

Queen for a day.....


I was once called the Queen of "Queens" by my former station manager and his friends for the music I played on a Friday night dance music show on KWLF 98.1FM. But this award means much more to me, as a sweet artisan, who I stumbled upon through another blog buddy, lovely Lezlei of Breath of Art just posted on her blog that I've become a member of the Queenly sisterhood of artists. She had this passed to her from Sherry of Got Art? who has some of the best in art and music at her site. It originated at the very talented and delightful blogger Cassandra of My Artful Adventures . Lezlei has a blog you should definitely visit as well. Isn't the blog world wonderful?
I have so many I would like to bestow this crown upon, but two artists stand out in my mind today so I will pass the crown to

Linda of http://another-linda.blogspot.com/
Catherine of http://catherinedarling.blogspot.com/

Both artists are magical in their creativity and style, well worth a stop at their blog to see what they do.
Here's to all the queenly and kingly artisans I'm associated with. I feel so fortunate to be a part of such a marvelously inspiring world and in meeting such wonderful people. May your day bring you many blessings.

4 comments:

Catherine Darling said...

Hi Sheryl,
Thank you ever so much! I would quite like to be queen... that inspires me to paint something. I think I will tomorrow and post it on my blog.

It feels very good to be in society of Queens. Especially Queens of Art.
Thank you again and my your throne be always comfy.
Catherine

PEA said...

Congratulations!
Blessings,pea

Sherry Goodloe said...

Hello Your Highness! Yes, the world of blogging is just wonderful *smiles*. Nice meeting you!

Thanks for stopping by yesterday. It's always nice to meet another EW&F lover!! Along with Chicago, EW&F is my favorite all-time group.

anotherlinda said...

Oh MY! How exciting! What an honor...coming from YOU! I so admire YOUR creativity and generosity. You have helped me soooo much. I would have also chosen Catherine because she is another with a lot of talent and her style of painting has such personality! Thank you thank you thank you!!! Hugs, Linda