Friday, December 26, 2008

Chocolate for breakfast anyone?



Twas the day before Christmas Eve and all through the house, not a creature was stirring except this little mouse. I stole to the kitchen, great treats to prepare.... in anticipation of my family, who would soon be there.
I put butter, and sugar in a large pot to melt, and toasted some almonds while tingling with the excitement I felt. I stirred and I stirred until the syrup turned golden, and added the almonds and poured into the waiting pie tin. I sprinkled some chocolate chunks over this sweet treat....and soon they melted from the candies warm heat. So I spread the chocolate from edge to edge, and dusted the chocolate with fine walnuts and set the pan on a cool ledge. Oh yes, as a cook I surely know this that toffee and chocolate in the morning......is absolute bliss!

No comments: