Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Gallery of Santas

 Lighting the Way Santa
A gourd and a bit of clay here and there are what made this Santa come to life. He has been painted with layers of color and dusted with vintage mica "snow" to add some extra sparkle. He carries a cast metal lantern and bottle brush tree to add to his charm.


 Shiny Brite Santa
Here's a Santa that had a humble beginning as a Tapatio bottle. You would never know that he's glass underneath the clay, and you can also feel good about purchasing a "green" collectible. His name was chosen because he was inspired by my collection of vintage ornaments including indents and striped glass pieces.
 Jolly Santa

I've discovered the fun of creating Santa heads with some of my gourds. This fellow's smile will melt the heart of any scrooge this holiday season.
Holly Jolly Santa
Another gourd and clay creation this Santa is destined for Reasons to Believe. He and many of my newest pieces are up for sale at Reasons to Believe. The others listed above will be traveling to Oregon soon unless otherwise claimed. The opportunity is open so if you're interested drop me a line.

1 comment:

Susan Walker said...

Sherry, your Santas are GOuRD-geous! hee hee. I love your work and these handsome fellas put me right in the Christmas mood..hugs-Susan